[Solved] Copy/paste one style to another

Discuss the word processor
midithru

[Solved] Copy/paste one style to another

Post by midithru »

Copying from one document with one style then pasting into another document with a different style preserves the original style.

Do you know if there's an easy way to paste into the new document and have the pasted content take on the new style without having to re-build the pasted text each time?
Last edited by midithru on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice version 4.1.2 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: copy/paste one style to another

Post by John_Ha »

1 Edit > Paste Special ..., and choose Unformatted

2 Try the magic utility PureText

If this solves the problem, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
midithru

Re: [solved] Copy/paste one style to another

Post by midithru »

Edit > Paste Special and choosing unformatted worked! Thank you John. This will save so much time
OpenOffice version 4.1.2 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Copy/paste one style to another

Post by John_Ha »

If you install PureText, it works in any application, giving you two options: ctrl+V pastes as normal but Windows key+V pastes as unformatted.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

I suspect that Puretext, being a Windows software, will not be much use on the OPs Mac.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

robleyd wrote:I suspect that Puretext, being a Windows software, will not be much use on the OPs Mac.
Oops :oops: ... but it will be useful for others searching :super: I wonder if there is a Mac equivalent?

Many years ago, before I discovered Paste > Unformatted ..., in applications, I used to keep a copy of Notepad open and paste into it, then copy from Notepad and paste that. Notepad works very well as a "format stripper".