Wavy red line under script

Discuss the word processor
mg4houses

Wavy red line under script

Post by mg4houses »

have been using Open Office for quite some time with pretty much NO issues. today when I opened a spread sheet I've been using for a couple of weeks, most all the script had red wavy lines under it- that has never been there before- what does it mean & how can I dispose of it ?

Thank You
Mike Galens

E-mail removed, nobody will reply by mail and it will avoid spam bots to register your address (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 4.13 on Windows 8.1 Pro
RusselB

Re: wavey red line under script

Post by RusselB »

The red wavy line is usually an indication that there are spelling mistakes in the word(s) that are underlined,
The fact that this started recently and was under most of the information implies that your user profile has been corrupted.
See [Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile for more information and instructions
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
mg4houses

Re: Wavy red line under script

Post by mg4houses »

to Russel B, thanks for the reply about the wavy red lines. I've tried to follow everything to correct it but I'm missing something somewhere. If it helps, I have windows 8.1. Ican't find anything labled as Windows explorer as stated in the tutorial. I found file explorer but doesn't seem to have what the tutorial says I need.
wher else would I look in Windows 8.1

Thanks , Mike G
OpenOffice 4.13 on Windows 8.1 Pro
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

File explorer is probably what you want - although I didn't think it had been called that since early versions of Windows.

I've done a screen capture from a vanilla Windows 7 to give you some visual idea. The image shows (in my case) the Windows Explorer icon on the task bar - red arrow points to it. At the top of the Explorer window you'll see I have typed %appdata% in the address bar.
explorer.jpg
I then click the arrow at the end of the search bar and see this.
explorer2.jpg
Then you can drill down by clicking on the folder labelled OpenOffice, then the folder labelled 4. Then select the folder labeled User and press F2 to rename it, or right click and select Rename.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The red wavy line is usually an indication that there are spelling mistakes in the word(s) that are underlined,
Or maybe it means: you hane not set the proper LANGUAGE to your text in the paragraph Style.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
fauzandwi

Post by fauzandwi »

i've tried that way
but it doesn't work

please help
Attachments
1.png
OpenOffice 4.1 on windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Rename your OpenOffice user profile. As you are using Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer (sometimes Windows Explorer). Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good name. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS