Please explain the way to delete an image with the cursor?

Discuss the word processor
newperson

Please explain the way to delete an image with the cursor?

Post by newperson »

If you add an image to a document and then you want to remove it, you can't with the cursor. You can right click on it but there is no option other than cut, and you can go to the list and there is no option to erase it. If you already have something else and you don't want to cut it then there is no way to do it.
Software openoffice 3.1 windows 10 from
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: please explain the way to delete an image with the curso

Post by Zizi64 »

If you add an image to a document and then you want to remove it, you can't with the cursor.
Do you mean: to remove a picture by mouse clicks only (without hitting any key)?
(You have no keyboard?)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

newperson wrote:Please explain the way to delete an image with the cursor. If you already have something else [on the clipboard] and you don't want to cut it then there is no way to do it.
Single click the image. Press the Delete key on your keyboard. Or click Edit → Delete Contents.
 Edit: This topic was originally posted in the Calc forum. Later it was moved to the Writer forum. My solution applied to Calc but cannot be used with Writer. 
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Single click the image. Press the Delete key on your keyboard. Or click Edit → Delete Contents.
If that "two clicks" is too much for you, then you can customize one of the toolbars:
Add the "Delete content" icon to a toolbar by the Customizing feature.
Then you will able to delete any graphical objects by one click (after you selected it).

Note:
You can not customize the floating (context) menu by this way.
(But the AOO and LO are OPEN SOURCE office suites: you can modify the source code, and you can build your own version...)
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
newperson

Post by newperson »

Zizi64 wrote:
If you add an image to a document and then you want to remove it, you can't with the cursor.
Do you mean: to remove a picture by mouse clicks only (without hitting any key)?
(You have no keyboard?)
Before I go any further, I should have posted this in Writer, not Calc. Your reply resulted in me laughing. Right, remove a picture by mouse clicks only.
newperson

Post by newperson »

MrProgrammer wrote:
newperson wrote:Please explain the way to delete an image with the cursor. If you already have something else [on the clipboard] and you don't want to cut it then there is no way to do it.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
There is no delete contents in my version.
newperson

Post by newperson »

Zizi64 wrote:
If that "two clicks" is too much for you, then you can customize one of the toolbars:
Add the "Delete content" icon to a toolbar by the Customizing feature.
Then you will able to delete any graphical objects by one click (after you selected it).

Note:
You can not customize the floating (context) menu by this way.
(But the AOO and LO are OPEN SOURCE office suites: you can modify the source code, and you can build your own version...)
If I right click on it there is no chance to delete, and if I check edit there is no availability to delete.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Please explain the way to delete an image with the curso

Post by Zizi64 »

If I right click on it there is no chance to delete, and if I check edit there is no availability to delete.
There is chance to delete a picture by mouse click/s/ only. Just add the "Delete content" function to a Toolbar by the Customize toolbars feature.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

How do you delete selected text? There's no Delete option on the context menu when you right-click selected text either.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

How do you delete selected text?
Just tap the Delete key.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I just added (for a test only) the Delete Content function for my main toolbar. (The red X at the left side of the toolbar)

I can delete a selected text, or a selected graphical object by clicking on the red X icon.
DeleteContent.png
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I've only just discovered it:

There is a new function in the Fresh version of the LibreOffice. (This function is not exist in the latest Apache OpenOffice.)

You can customize the Context menus of the LibreOffice. You can add the "Delete content" function to the context menu of the Shapes, and to other context menus.
Customize context menu.png
LibreOffice context menu.png
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

You will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the OOo v3.3 Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.