ericrr

A error with LibreOffice 4.4.1.2 writer save at HTML file wi

Post by ericrr »

When you save as HTLM file it writes

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252[b][color=#FF0000]"/>
[/color][/b]	<title></title>
	<meta name="generator" content="LibreOffice 4.4.1.2 (Windows[b][color=#FF0000])"/>
[/color][/b]	<meta name="created" content="2016-12-13T11:26:38.129000000[b][color=#FF0000]"/>
[/color][/b]	<meta name="changed" content="2016-12-13T11:27:22.723000000[b][color=#FF0000]"/>
[/color][/b]
see the part I have highlighted in red. but notice it does not work in the code part of the posting

but this will not validate at https://validator.w3.org/
There are two options one could do the fast method change the <!DOCTYPE to the correct one which is XHTML 1.0 Transitional/ not HTML 4.0 Transitional/ and so it looks like

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
	<title></title>
	<meta name="generator" content="LibreOffice 4.4.1.2 (Windows)"/>
	<meta name="created" content="2016-12-13T11:26:38.129000000"/>
	<meta name="changed" content="2016-12-13T11:27:22.723000000"/>
or the slower way and go and close all the tags so it looks like this

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"/>
	<title></title>
	<meta name="generator" content="LibreOffice 4.4.1.2 (Windows)">
	<meta name="created" content="2016-12-13T11:26:38.129000000">
	<meta name="changed" content="2016-12-13T11:27:22.723000000">

or just fix up the next release of libre
windows 10

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Reluctant to update because all my many auto-correct entries will be lost, like days of the week, months of the year, etc.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: A error with LibreOffice 4.4.1.2 writer save at HTML fil

Post by John_Ha »

This is the Apache OpenOffice forum, not the LibreOffice forum.

You will probably be better posting at the LibreOffice forum here and / or raising a LO bug report - see How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
ericrr

Post by ericrr »

sorry about that I did put openoffice libre into google, so I will go away to do my libre bit
windows 10

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Reluctant to update because all my many auto-correct entries will be lost, like days of the week, months of the year, etc.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Small precision: questions about LibreOffice are welcome as long as they apply to OpenOffice also.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Or, rather, if it were about OpenOffice, we'd still ask you to file a bug at https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ because this is a user to user forum, and developers normally don't come here.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Hagar Delest wrote:Small precision: questions about LibreOffice are welcome as long as they apply to OpenOffice also.
Hagar

Can I respectfully disagree for the following reasons:

1 How does a user know the problem relates to both AOO and LO? (S)he cannot possibly know that. SAXParse errors seem to be LO problems and not AOO problems

2 The LO and AOO codes are inevitably diverging so what is applicable in one may not be applicable in the other.

3 The restrictive code licence conditions used by LO prevent AOO from copy or basing code upon code developed by LO. The open licence conditions used by AOO permits LO to take any code from AOO. So LO is not assisting AOO. For example, the licence conditions prevent AOO from taking the LO code for handling MS Word Textboxes and writing .docx files; and implementing Textboxes and writing .docx files in AOO.

4 I therefore think that all LO problems should be reported to the LO forum and the AOO forum should redirect LO posters to the LO forum. LO problems should be addressed in the LO forum and the knowledge gained should accrue there so it is available to other LO users who do not search the AOO forum.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

@John_Ha: before the LO "forum" can do that, it will need to grow up; in its present state it is sadly inadequate.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

floris v wrote:before the LO "forum" can do that, it will need to grow up; in its present state it is sadly inadequate.
floris

The LO forum will only grow up if people use it! If the AOO forum provides a service to LO users so that they never bother with the LO forum, then the LO forum will never improve. We need to be cruel to be kind.

RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I monitor, but do not contribute to, the ask.libreoffice forum. It seems to me that the level of computer knowledge of the querists there is even less than on our OO forum; also, the structure of that ask.libreoffice forum seems to encourage querists to post their own query, not to search - of course, this may be a reflection on the increasing tendency of all Internet users to expect a customised answer for their problem, without their having to make any effort.

I agree with John_Ha that we should flag LibreOffice specific problems as LibreOffice specific.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Thank you for that. ;)
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

John_Ha wrote:1 How does a user know the problem relates to both AOO and LO? (S)he cannot possibly know that. SAXParse errors seem to be LO problems and not AOO problems
Agreed, my comment was just a global one so that this very specific topic is not taken as a general orientation of the forum.
John_Ha wrote:2 The LO and AOO codes are inevitably diverging so what is applicable in one may not be applicable in the other.
In most cases, for basic questions, there is still no difference.
John_Ha wrote:3 The restrictive code licence conditions used by LO prevent AOO from copy or basing code upon code developed by LO. The open licence conditions used by AOO permits LO to take any code from AOO. So LO is not assisting AOO. For example, the licence conditions prevent AOO from taking the LO code for handling MS Word Textboxes and writing .docx files; and implementing Textboxes and writing .docx files in AOO.
The main purpose of the forum is to help users. I don't care anymore about LO. Each user has the right to use the best tool for his needs. If LO succeeds, then it means that it has a point, they do perhaps better, ...
Competition may help AOO improve or may hasten its death. That will be a mix of quality, performance, ergonomics, ... Up to the AOO team to face that.
The only thing is that we owe users good information. I tend to avoid such "political" discussions. They don't play fair and they use FUD (or some of their vocal members), once that's said, let the users chose what they think is best.
John_Ha wrote:4 I therefore think that all LO problems should be reported to the LO forum and the AOO forum should redirect LO posters to the LO forum. LO problems should be addressed in the LO forum and the knowledge gained should accrue there so it is available to other LO users who do not search the AOO forum.
Again, since most of the questions are still valid for AOO, they have their place here. Many users don't like the LO support channels (no real forum), that's why some come here. Again, I don't care about how they handle their users or their knowledge. This is part of the ecosystem around the product, I'm not ready to "contribute" to theirs.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Hagar Delest wrote:Many users don't like the LO support channels (no real forum), that's why some come here. Again, I don't care about how they handle their users or their knowledge. This is part of the ecosystem around the product, I'm not ready to "contribute" to theirs.
I agree - I monitor ask.libreoffice but dislike its format, so don't contribute to that forum. The now discontinued LibreOffice forum was more to my liking.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Many users don't like the LO support channels (no real forum), that's why some come here
+1
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It is also interesting to note that there is a hard core of LibreOffice advocates on the AOO dev mailing list who make incorrect assertions about the status of the AOO project, often misunderstand a query and provide incorrect solutions, usually incorporating advocacy for LibreOffice - the FUD of which Hagar wrote.