Document Turned to All Pound Signs

Discuss the word processor
peramore21

Document Turned to All Pound Signs

Post by peramore21 »

So my computer froze, and then shut down while I was writing an article yesterday. I woke up to the entire article being nothing but all pound signs. I was wondering how I can fix this issue. I tried finding the previous autosave versions, but there weren't any there, even though I have it set to save every 15 minutes, and I was working on my article for two days and for several hours prior to the computer freezing.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Christine

Open Office 4 - Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Document Turned to All Pound Signs

Post by RusselB »

OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Document Turned to All Pound Signs

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete Writer temporary files for instructions on how to identify and un-delete the temporary files Writer wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.