Scrolling problem with OpenOffice Writer v4.1.2

Discuss the word processor
eaglenb

Scrolling problem with OpenOffice Writer v4.1.2

Post by eaglenb »

I installed OpenOffice v4.1.2 a few days ago on Windows 7 64-bit (most current update). When I went to OpenOffice Writer today to use an existing multi page OpenOffice Writer document I have created and been updating often, the scrolling of the document was all screwed up. Paging up and down or using the scroll bar at the right. The entire document was scrolling by in the upper top 1/4 of the page, the bottom 3/4 at the bottom was not moving and displaying the current page superimposed and not moving. I was not longer able to read or see to update any OpenOffice Writer document I had previously created. Trying to fix the application through Windows 7 64-bit install and repair didn't solve it. So I had to uninstall OpenOffice v4.1.2 and reinstall OpenOffice v4.1.1. That fixed my problem and my documents are working properly under the previous version. What is going on with the OpenOffice v4.1.2 update on Windows 7 64-bit? Tks, Jay
Windows 7 64-bit (latest intstalled)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Scrolling problem with Open Office Writer v4.1.2

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.
eaglenb wrote:What is going on with the OpenOffice v4.1.2 update on Windows 7 64-bit?
Do you honestly believe that happens for every user of Writer 4.1.2 on W7 64 bit?

Or do you think it might just be something which happens only to you and your PC?

Try re-installing 4.1.2 - it will work fine when installed properly on a properly configured, properly updated PC.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.