[Solved] Ignore All

Discuss the word processor
troubadour

[Solved] Ignore All

Post by troubadour »

Hello all,

My issue is with Ignore All -- when I use that feature on a certain word it'll work as I'm in the document - and it will be in the list under Ignore All in "Language Settings/Writing Tools".

But when I close and then go back into that document the same red lines show up under those words I've already added to the Ignore list -- and they are GONE in the Options for Language Settings.

Is this a Bug or easily fixable?

PS -- I have searched the Forum on this -
Last edited by troubadour on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Ignore All

Post by RusselB »

From the help file using "ignore list for spellcheck" as a search, I found
Book
Specifies the book to be edited.
The IgnoreAllList (All) includes all words that have been marked with Ignore during spellcheck. This list is valid only for the current spellcheck.

The IgnoreAllList entry cannot be selected and cannot be deleted. Only the words included as content can be deleted. This happens automatically each time that OpenOffice is closed.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Ignore All

Post by John_Ha »

troubadour wrote:Is this ... easily fixable?
Add the words to your user dictionary and they will always be treated as spelled correctly in all documents in future. Or create a dictionary (eg science) which has all your scientific words in it and you can then tick/untick the dictionary if you want/don't want to use it for a given document. Individual words can be deleted from user dictionaries if you want to remove them which is especially useful if you make a mistake and accept an incorrectly spelled word.

If this solves the problem, please edit your original post title to [Solved].
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Ignore All

Post by John_Ha »

While it is always slightly risky to use software in an unsupported manner, there is another trick.

I noticed that my Ignore All list had my registration name in it, and that the information is stored in the AOO profile at C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\registrymodifications.xcu. If you add words to your name in Tools > Options > OpenOffice > User data they get added to the list in registrymodifications.xcu when you close AOO, and appear in the Ignore All list. It is slightly more risky is to edit the xcu file directly but if do, be sure to follow the 'words separated by spaces' and no punctuation. I added about 30 Latin words to registrymodifications.xcu without a problem - I do not know if there is an upper limit (though I doubt there is).
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
troubadour

Post by troubadour »

Thanks for that trick John - maybe I'll try it sometime, it's very clever - but I'm afraid of messing things up! :)
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
Digger

Post by Digger »

John_Ha wrote:
While it is always slightly risky to use software in an unsupported manner, there is another trick.

I noticed that my Ignore All list had my registration name in it, and that the information is stored in the AOO profile at C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\registrymodifications.xcu. If you add words to your name in Tools > Options > OpenOffice > User data they get added to the list in registrymodifications.xcu when you close AOO, and appear in the Ignore All list. It is slightly more risky is to edit the xcu file directly but if do, be sure to follow the 'words separated by spaces' and no punctuation. I added about 30 Latin words to registrymodifications.xcu without a problem - I do not know if there is an upper limit (though I doubt there is).
John,

Thanks for sharing this handy workaround! I can verify that it works in LibreOffice version 3.5.4.2 (Debian Wheezy), in both Writer and Calc...
LibreOffice 5.2.7.2
Debian 9 (Stretch) (Linux)