Copy paste clipboard dont work

Discuss the word processor
calgar

Copy paste clipboard dont work

Post by calgar »

above functions are greyed out on toolbar , although Ive activated them on tools and also on customize toolbars... also I don't know how to clear text stuck on clipboard which keeps on repeating in paste command... how to do this ?

thanks ed..
open office 3.1 on win vista
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Copy paste clipboard dont work

Post by John_Ha »

Does copy and paste work in other applications like Notepad?

Reboot your PC.

The paste menu is greyed out when there is nothing on the clipboard.

Some clipboard utilities (eg for remembering previous entries on Clipboard) can affect copy and paste in AOO and slow it down a lot - to 5 or more seconds.

Start your PC in Safe Mode (See Vista Help for how to do so). If copy and paste is now OK, look at the programs which did not start in Safe Mode - one of these is probably affecting AOO.

Your signature says you are running AOO 3.4. It is time to upgrade to 4.1.1 - this will have the effect of re-installing AOO and may fix it.

Finally, try resetting the profile - search the forum and/or the FAQ for how to do so. It may be enough just to delete (on W7) C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\registrymodifications.xcu. Be sure to take a copy of any macros you have written - this deletes them. Copy C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\*.* as a backup just in case.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Plinio Guimarães

Post by Plinio Guimarães »

I can´t copy/paste data from other software AFTER I copy any data inside OpenOffice (calc, write, etc).

When I first start OpenOffice (calc) it accept any data from other software (image, text files, excel, etc). But when I copy anything from OpenOffice (calc, write, etc) the clipboard (internal OpenOffice?) only paste this last data even I try copy another data from other software.

If I only works in OpenOffice suite the copy/paste operations works fine. But I need to copy data from other sources to OpenOffice and it is only possible until I copy/paste first time in OpenOffice.

I noticed that this also occurs in Excel. But there is a window to view the list of objects in the clipboard and allows you to delete unwanted entries. I did not find similar feature in OpenOffice.
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove Known Issues icon
Apache Open Office 4.1.6 - Windows 8.1 Single Language
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

Plinio Guimarães wrote:But there is a window to view the list of objects in the clipboard and allows you to delete unwanted entries. I did not find similar feature in OpenOffice.
Because, it's an operating system feature:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows- ... ger-viewer
Plinio Guimarães

Post by Plinio Guimarães »

Bidouille wrote:
Plinio Guimarães wrote:But there is a window to view the list of objects in the clipboard and allows you to delete unwanted entries. I did not find similar feature in OpenOffice.
Because, it's an operating system feature:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows- ... ger-viewer
I downloaded the https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download ... Viewer.zip from site you sent. It shows data in clipboard as I copy from any sources. But the problem with OpenOffice remains.
Example:
1 - From SQL Management Studio I copy these data:
30,00 35 NULL
110673,89 123559,45 234233,34
29,9325 34,9658333333333 NULL
72117,92 108745,544 180863,464

It appears on clipboard_viewer.

2 - In OpenOffice Calc I can paste it at first time as well.
3 - In OpenOffice Calc I copy something else (example: the number 35) to another Cell (or another program).
4 - I repeat step 1 to copy SQL data again. The data is shown in clipboard_viewer and can be pasted in any other software but Calc (or another OpenOffice program).
5 - In OpenOffice Calc I try to paste the data from SQL but the number 35 (step 3) is pasted. It does not appear in clipboard_viewer that shows SQL data copied (step 4).

So, the problem occours ONLY inside OpenOffice.
Apache Open Office 4.1.6 - Windows 8.1 Single Language
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

John_Ha wrote:Start your PC in Safe Mode (See Vista Help for how to do so). If copy and paste is now OK, look at the programs which did not start in Safe Mode - one of these is probably affecting AOO.
What happened when you did this?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.