Spellchecker not working

Discuss the word processor
rbesdansky

Spellchecker not working

Post by rbesdansky »

I can't seem to get the spellchecker to work. I've tried all the suggestions I could find. It just says that the spellcheck is complete and it didn't find any errors, even though I have put in complete nonesense words (like assaass) in case my dictionary contains the misspelt words for some reason.

Thanks
Ronald B
Caracalla
Volunteer

Re: Spellchecker not working

Post by Caracalla »

What language are you writing in, what version of OOo do you have installed, what language is the version, which OS are you using?
We'd be able to help you better if we knew these things :)
Has your question been answered? Then please add [solved] to the title of your thread.
My pet peeve, No support for international ordinal numbering
please vote

Er is nu ook een Nederlandstalig forum!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Opensuse 11.1
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

rbesdansky wrote: I've tried all the suggestions I could find.
Please, when you've found suggestions and tried them, report what you've tried or at least where you found the instructions. Other people have no idea of what you've tried, so we're likely to suggest solutions you've already explored. That's a waste of your time, of readers' time when they discover this thread in a forum search, and responders' time when they're trying to help (voluntarily, by the way... free advice).

Providing detailed steps of what you've already tried is very thoughtful of the people you're asking for help.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Please read the Survival Guide for the forum for next threads. OS and OOo version needed as said above.
Just to be sure you'd seen that thread : [Tutorial] Spell check and Language configuration.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10