[Solved] Paragraph formatting changes from CTL to western

Discuss the word processor
Sob

[Solved] Paragraph formatting changes from CTL to western

Post by Sob »

when i use a CTL right to left language and end a paragraph with a dot and press "enter" the paragraph changes to western style (even though still aligned to the right) and i have to go back and change it manually, being careful NOT to hit enter. there is nothing said about it in the help file that i could see and the previous post i did found no answers about it.
i don't remember this happening prior to version 2.3 (doesn't mean it didn't happen, i just don't remember it happening).
 Edit: 
operantly it changes even if i put a question mark or any other sign in the end of the sentence. 
Last edited by Sob on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: paragraph formatting changes from CTL to western

Post by Hagar Delest »

What is the language of the paragraph style ? is it a right to left one ?
You can also try in Tools>AutoCorrect to uncheck the Apply Styles options (in the Options tab).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Sob

Re: paragraph formatting changes from CTL to western (solved)

Post by Sob »

the paragraph style is hebrew and the Open Office is in english (i use 3 languages in it).
the "apply styles" worked but on the other hand i liked it when it automatically made headlines when i pressed enter twice. isn't it the same option?

anyway, thanks for the help :)
Hagar Delest

Re: paragraph formatting changes from CTL to western (solved)

Post by Hagar Delest »

Sob wrote:on the other hand i liked it when it automatically made headlines when i pressed enter twice. isn't it the same option?
I guess it's the same feature. Perhaps you just have to modify the style that OOo automatically applies, I'm not familiar with that because I deactivate all that kind of auto-formatting.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10