Spell Checker Crash

Discuss the word processor
douglas_e

Spell Checker Crash

Post by douglas_e »

The spell checker crashes OO after about 3 misspelled words. This happened in OOo 3.3. I reinstalled. It still happened.
I deleted OO and deleted all references to OO from my registry. I reinstalled. It still crashed.
I have just installed dev 3.4. It still crashes.

I have used OO exclusively for several years now, and up through 3.2 I never had this problem.

I think this first happened when I tried spell checking a document with Swedish in it: Ursäkta mig. etc,etc,etc.

Please help!!

Doug
WinXP SP-3
OOo-dev 3.4 Windows XP SP3
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Spell Checker Crash

Post by floris v »

Reset your user profile. Click here for help how to do that.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
douglas_e

Post by douglas_e »

floris v:

1. When I deleted OO and all references I could find in my registry (searched with regedit), I also deleted every reference to OO that I could find on my computer, including the entire OpenOffice.org folder contained within the Application Data Folder. I then rebooted and did a clean re-install. Wouldn't that reset my user profile??

2. Yesterday, when I installed OO-dev 3.4, it created a new folder in the Application Data folder which is called: OOo-dev That is where /3/user/ is contained. Wouldn't that create an entirely new user profile??

Thanks,

Doug
OOo-dev 3.4 Windows XP SP3
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

If the profile in /App Data/Roaming/ hasn't been deleted or renamed, then the profile has not been reset (please read the topic linked above).
Since the dev version crashes also, it may be something else.
Have you installed the Swedish dic? Do you see the extension in the extension manager?
See for example [Troubleshooting] Spell check in OOo 3.x.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10