[Solved] Easy and fast way of having reports

Discuss the word processor
canhoto

[Solved] Easy and fast way of having reports

Post by canhoto »

Hi.

Is there an easy and fast way of having individual reports (in Writer) based upon individual rows in a Calc spreadsheet?

To be more specific: if I have, for instance, a spreadsheet (either build directly by entering data, or by entering data in a database form, or even by importing a spreadsheet), with data from several people (each person in a row) - data like date of birth, age, address, scholarly choices, etc. - and I want to have all the data for each person on and individual Writer document or page (not with a spreadsheet-like format, but with a text or report-like format), what shall I do?

Being even more specific with an example: if I have a spreadsheet with all the data from all the students on a school, how can I have a single individual document with all the data from each student? I can have a query and a report for each student, of course, but it takes very long to make it if you have a long list of students and you have to make it for everyone.

Any ideas, please?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 05, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3.0, Mac OS 10.6.6
JohnSUN-Pensioner
Volunteer

Re: Easy and fast way of having reports

Post by JohnSUN-Pensioner »

Mail Merge Wizard?
MailMergeWizard.JPG
MailMergeWizard.JPG (15.15 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you...
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5, LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 (x64) on Windows 7
If you think that I did not answer your question, make allowances for my imperfect English
canhoto

Post by canhoto »

JohnSUN-Pensioner wrote:Mail Merge Wizard?
The attachment MailMergeWizard.JPG is no longer available
I tried the Mail Merge wizard, but apparently it only lets you work with name and address fields, and without the field title. Is it possible to use it for any field title? To give you an idea, what I would like to do is something like the document attached (but within a prettier template).
Attachments
Report.jpg
JohnSUN-Pensioner
Volunteer

If you think that I did not answer your question, make allowances for my imperfect English
canhoto

Post by canhoto »

It has no sound (at least opening it with VLC). Although the images are rather clear (although I don't understand russian nor ucranian).
Thanks
JohnSUN-Pensioner
Volunteer

Oh, sorry! I was hoping that mouse movements will be sufficient for understanding "how-to"
canhoto

Post by canhoto »

JohnSUN-Pensioner wrote:Oh, sorry! I was hoping that mouse movements will be sufficient for understanding "how-to"
Yes, they were! It was very clear, I followed it and it worked! The language was not a problem.

Thank you!