Date Format

Discuss the word processor
BadlndsBob

Date Format

Post by BadlndsBob »

My issue is simple and I think there is probably a quick fix -- one that I can't find on my own. When I insert the date, OO Writer will input "11/30/07" for today's date. I'd rather use the format "Friday, November 30, 2007". I know how to do this by clicking INSERT > FIELDS > OTHER and then choosing the format I like. However, is there some other way that doesn't involve so many steps? Is there a way I can set the preference of the date key on the button toolbar?

Thanks.
probe1
Volunteer

Re: Date Format

Post by probe1 »

see Extension: DateTime2
DateTime2 wrote:Provides six functions to insert date or time or timestamp, as text / string or field / value, in Writer / Calc,
Pre-formatted to user needs ( ISO8601 format, adjustable) with German locale strings, English format notation in source: just un-comment.

This extension will install a Basic library/modules with the BASIC macros. They can can be used for keyboard shortcut or customized toolbar assignment, or to run them from menu.

For Calc documents, you can configure to overwrite (replace) or add insertion to any existing cell content. Position (pre/post) and separators can be defined. User-defined text can be added, too, to get something like "Call entered at: 2007-10-24 12:34:56"
Cheers
Winfried

DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Date Format

Post by r4zoli »

Use Autotext function:
Make new file, insert date into desired formatted field, select it.
Go Edit>Auto text... or CTRL+F3
select My autotext give a name and short cut (I suggest 2007)
on Auto text button select "New"

Usage:
write 2007 into a file and push F3, your field will be entered.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin