[Solved] Table of Content Format Changed

Discuss the word processor
csia

[Solved] Table of Content Format Changed

Post by csia »

Some how in the course of working my document, my table of contents format changed -- how to describe??? I only know that I did not knowingly change it, other than to "update" -- obviously I did something wrong.

The contents shows properly, but the dotted lines leading to the page number pick up below the content item and the page number winds up on yet a third line. It now looks something like this:

Table of Contents

International news
.....................................................................................................................................................

National news
.....................................................................................................................................................

What I need is each content item with the associated dotted lines and starting page number on a single line.

Thanks for any help you can provide with this matter.

Bob
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: Table of Content Format Changed

Post by foxcole »

I'm having difficulty reproducing that.

The three places that control the appearance of the TOC are:
- Paragraph styles Contents 1, Contents 2, etc.
- Outline numbering (in the Numbering tab, some of the numbering settings will carry into the TOC as well as the headings)
- Insert (or Edit) Index/Table.

What are your settings for the level 1 items in each location?
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
csia

Re: Table of Content Format Changed (SOLVED)

Post by csia »

Early this morning it dawned on me to erase the offending TOC and create a new one. I did that with success :D -- only to find that the page did not want to scroll down past page 8 of an 88 page document. :cry: It would go down to page 8 and "stop responding" -- although I could hyperlink anywhere in the document from the TOC

I took out two pictures (unnecessary) within a doc that I'd cut & pasted into Writer. All problems seem to have disappeared. :D

Thank you so much for your willingness to help.

Bob