[Solved] Auto spell check & Thesaurus!

Discuss the word processor
jessfim

[Solved] Auto spell check & Thesaurus!

Post by jessfim »

Hey every1...

my auto spell check and thesaurus don't work. When i even go into spell check words it says 'spell check complete' when it hasnt even started or checked the wrong words. and also the wiggly red line does not appear under the words if they are wrong too?? Would anyone know what to do about this?

Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Lantau

Re: Auto spell check & Thesaurus!

Post by Lantau »

I had a similar problem and am not 100 per cent sure how I solved it but I think the following should help.

You may not have the language modules installed. Go to Tools>Options, in the popup, expand the "Language Settings" box then select "Writing Aids". You should have some entries in the "Available language modules" box that are ticked. Select the "Edit..." button, it should have your language module listed in the language box, something "English(US)". There should be a superscript "ABC" and a tick before the language entry. If you don't have this, or if the language is not the one you want, then you may need to install the language module. In the main OO Writer panel select File>Wizards>Install new dictionaries...
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you tried a search of the forum for "spellcheck" ?

Read the Survival Guide too it will help you as well as others.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
bevoss

Post by bevoss »

I am having apparently the same problem: the instructions in Help files and in the reply have been tried, but invoking Spellcheck with any text provides an immediate response of check completed, no errors.
jessfim

Post by jessfim »

hey!! thanks heaps for that posting. it actually worked!!!!!

with regards to the person where it is coming up spelling is already checked.... that was the same thing happening to me.

so find the posting that was posted after i did or after i asked this question and go through those steps of loading the new dictionary....

*but then u must restart or shut down then turn on ur computer for it to reload...

then go back into the tools...and language section and so on to find wat language u wanted it in.. which means u will be just repeating the steps to the 'language' section again...

but it is important that u restart ur computer. that was wat my problem was after i downloaded the new dictionary.

hope this helps... kind regards:)
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

No, you just need to restart OOo and the quickstarter.

See here: [Tutorial] Spell check and Language configuration.

I tag the thread as solved.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10