OPEN OFFICE WRITER -

Discuss the word processor
csnadan

OPEN OFFICE WRITER -

Post by csnadan »

WHILE EDITING A DOCUMENT IN WRITER(OPENOFFICE VERSION 2.3), MOUSE POINTER DOES NOT FOLLOW THE CURSOR. IT REMAINS STATIONERY AT THE PLACE SELECTED FOR START OF EDITING. SO, WHEN WE CONTINUE TYPING THE WORDS, IT (NEWLY TYPED WORDS) GET TRANSFEERED TO THE POSITION WHERE MOUSE POINTER IS STATIONED. THIS OCCURS, INVARIABLY, AFTER THE END OF THE LINE WHICH IS BEING EDITED. THIS PROBLEM EXISTED IN EARLIER VERSIONS TOO. PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO GET OVER THE PROBLEM
ccornell
Volunteer

Re: OPEN OFFICE WRITER -

Post by ccornell »

The mouse pointer should never follow the cursor. This is consistent behavior for all apps on all OSes I have used, and this is how OpenOffice.org behaves. I have never seen a mouse pointer lock onto the cursor and follow it as you type.

What OS are you using?
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The mouse pointer should remain stationary when text is being enterd. It should move only when the mouse is moved. Text should always be entered where the cursor (insertion point) is located. In systems I have used, text being entered at the mouse pointer location is not normal behavior and mouse pointer movement following text insertion is also not normal behavior.

What is your operating system? Do you have any kind of accessibility options enabled or any kind of mouse enhancement software installed?
csnadan

Post by csnadan »

AM USING WINDOWS XP.
Caracalla
Volunteer

Post by Caracalla »

Why do you expect the mouse pointer to follow the text?
Why are you writing in all caps,is your keyboard broken?
Has your question been answered? Then please add [solved] to the title of your thread.
My pet peeve, No support for international ordinal numbering
please vote

Er is nu ook een Nederlandstalig forum!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Opensuse 11.1