Printer help

Discuss the word processor
jamtad

Printer help

Post by jamtad »

Okay. I need some help here. i am pretty good with computers but i am just confused when i try to set up my printer for my computer.
Adding a Printer
1.Change to the {install_path}/program directory.
2.Enter: ./spadmin
3.Click the New Printer button.
4.Select the Create Printer option and click Next.
5.Select the appropriate driver for your printer. If you are not using a PostScript printer or your model is not listed, use the Generic Printer driver or follow the steps below. You can also add new drivers using the Import button or delete unnecessary drivers using the Delete button. Click Next.
6.Choose a command line that you can use to print on your printer (for example, lp -d my_queue). Click Next.
7.Give the printer a name and determine whether it should become the default printer. Click Finish.
8.To print a test page, click on Test Page. If the test page fails to print or is incorrectly printed, check all settings as described in Changing Printer Settings.

thats what it says in Openoffice help.

i have no idea how to start@#$@$

what do i got to do, then what then what etc....

someone make me a list of what to do or something, thank you
if you want to Aim Instant message me to help me that would be great too. screen name - nyyman101
OOo2.2 windows xp
acknak

Re: Printer help

Post by acknak »

I'm pretty sure none of that is needed. OOo should have access to all the printers configured for your system, and configuring printers is something you want to do at the system level, so any application can use them.

Did you see this: Please read first the basic rules of the forum?
3. Basic information needed
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
jamtad

Post by jamtad »

ohh i am sorry. I have OOo 2.2 and operating system is windows xp and the printer is a hp officejet 4215xu all in one, and it shows my printer when i hit print, well first it says no default printer... etc then i see my printer and i click on it and nothing happens.
OOo2.2 windows xp
acknak

Post by acknak »

Ok, that's helpful--thanks.

So, your printer is shown in the list of printers, but it does nothing at all when you try to print, is that right?

It's obvious, but I have to ask, does the printer work with other applications?
acknak

Post by acknak »

I'm not a Windows expert, but if I were in your shoes at this point (under a deadline), I think I would either try to re-install OOo, or better, upgrade to 2.3. There have been lots of improvements between 2.2 and 2.3.
jamtad

Post by jamtad »

okay, and yes it works with other programs
OOo2.2 windows xp