To either add an APA Formatted header, or to remove it is a little confusing... but, patience will prevail.APA Headers in Open Office!
This assumes that one knows how to create a basic header on a page, just not formatting it!
1. When you are on the first page of your document, press the F11 key on your keyboard.
2. Click on the fourth icon (page styles).
3. Click onto the first page.
4. Then, right click the mouse (modify).
5. Uncheck the box that says "SAME CONTENT".
6. Then, click OK.
7. Then, making sure that the curser is on the first page of the document again!
8. Now, double click the words "First Page" in the pop up box.
Note, this changes the format for the first page only!
Deleting an APA Formatted header is relatively easy! Go to the first page,,, highlight the entire header including the page number, if you do not want that either,,, now press the DELETE KEY, then SAVE the document. But, you are not done,,, go to the 2nd page, and do the same thing! That should remove the header on ALL pages.
Hope this helps?