Saturday, August 15, 2009
scvdesigns wrote:THANK YOU
for recovering what you could from the file. At least you were able to recover the portion I typed in since February.
I am taking your advice seriously. To be safe, I'll work from & save the files in OOo; then export as PDFs or save in other formats for other users.
The file showing the recovered data will open in the Microsoft Viewer but one has to declare an encoding before it will open.
I tried a number of filters for the file - once getting the declaration that it was a WinWord2 file. The file has been converted with the SO Word filter and obviously there has been a glitch. There are known problems with the OOo3.x.x word filter so please report this file. I have found that I have had to revert to OOo2 or StarOffice 7 to handle the occasional Word 97 file.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.x, StarOffice 5.1, 7, 8 - OS X, WinXP, OS/2
StarOffice 7, 8, Oracle Open Office 3.3.1, LibreOffice 3.x.x - OS X, Ubuntu, WinXP
NeoOffice 2.2.6, 3.1.2, 3.2.x 3.3 - OS X
Apache OpenOffice 3.4.x - WinXP, OS X, OS/2