[Issue] Lock toolbars

Discuss the word processor
neil_Boekend

[Issue] Lock toolbars

Post by neil_Boekend »

Hello

I have a issu with the dissapearing of toolbars. I prefer a solid non changing screen with the same toolbars, whatever I am doing. I can set a toolbar active in the vieuw-toolbars menu, but it will not stay on. For example:
1. I activate the "picture" toolbar.
2. I use it to insert a picture
3. I continue editing the text
At this point the toolbar dissapears, the entire screen layout changes (due to an empty space dissapearing, no bug), and if I want to insert a new picture the shortest way to do so is "insert"- "picture" - "from file".
I would like to be able to keep it there.

I have checked the options for it, but I couldn't find it.
I have searched this forum on (no quotes) : "lock toolbars", "lock toolbar", "toolbar"and, just because someone may have used the wrong word: "lock taskbar". The searches came up empty, or with different problems.

Thanks for taking the time
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Issue (link to a bug report).
raghos

Re: Lock toolbars

Post by raghos »

Hi,

I was looking for a solution to this same issue. It turns out the content-sensitive toolbars cannot be turned out. See here for a bug report:

http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=59706

I find this quite annoying too, and you should probably add a 'me too' comment on the bug, with the hope that it would be given a high priority for the next release.

Cheers.
neil_Boekend

Re: Lock toolbars

Post by neil_Boekend »

Why then is there a way to activate the toolbars? It doesn't do anything important if the toolbars dissapear when OO decides they are not needed anymore