Aligning

Discuss the word processor
Pollik

Aligning

Post by Pollik »

I am using Writer to create an advertisment to be exported to pdf for publishing in my local newspaper.

The problem that I am having is the need to align text boxes to the page (specifically horizontal centering), but that is seems not to be available. I am using a text box, less than page width, with a coloured border.

I thought about using Draw, but that does not seem to allow the use of an image file as a background (image of a rainbow flag).

I am sure that there must be a solution, but as a newbie user, I can't find it.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, please?

Polly
fiveradicaltwo

Re: Aligning

Post by fiveradicaltwo »

I generally don't recommend using word processors for page layout type jobs. There is an open source desktop publishing software called scribus. See if you can get better results with that.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No problem. Align horzontally to centre of paragraph area (between margins) or to entire page.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
bhmt

Post by bhmt »

Try this:

Right click on the frame of the rectangle, then select “position and size” then at the bottom where it probably says “from left,” pull that open and select “center” and then click Ok to center it between your margins. Or you could select a specific distance from some point.

(Note sure if you meant “Rectangle” from the “drawing toolbar” or a “Text Box” from the "form controls" toolbar, but both align the same.)