[Solved] Equations take bloody decades

Discuss the word processor
fiveradicaltwo

[Solved] Equations take bloody decades

Post by fiveradicaltwo »

OK. I am making a document that includes lots of math objects and spreadsheet snippets. I find that the farther I go, the longer it takes to create or edit a math object. Now it's up to the scale of minutes. I'm actually joining this forum and typing this while I'm waiting for the OpenOffice thingy on my windows xp bar to flash telling me that it's ready for me to make a small change to an equation that I have inserted.
What's the deal? This is taking a lot longer then it should.
Last edited by fiveradicaltwo on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Takes bloody decades.

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes, it's a know bug that has been fixed but it will be available in the next release, due in December.
For information : Issue 81789 - Activating a math formula in large document(many objects) takes very long time.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
fiveradicaltwo

Post by fiveradicaltwo »

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to see what I can do about downgrading to 2.2.1. Hopefully it still handles my documents. Do you know if it works any better in StarOffice? Google is giving that away free, but I deleted it because I thought I'd just stick with openoffice which seems to work.

p.s. Even though there was no direct link for 2.2.1 on the downloads page I was able to get it with a quick hack to the url for the windows download by changing the version number:
http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/?p ... sion=2.2.1
This is information for anybody else that has these problems and finds this thread.
Last edited by fiveradicaltwo on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I don't think StarOffice is impacted by this bug. It seems that OOo is slightly ahead of SO for the versions but not sure. SO is not open source, that why I stick to OOo.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10