[Solved] Addressing Envelopes/Address book

Discuss the word processor
pensioner77

[Solved] Addressing Envelopes/Address book

Post by pensioner77 »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have XP & Ubuntuon partions.With the XP I use Microsoft Works for word processing,I can access the address book both to check information or directly address an envelope.With Open Office on the Ubuntu part I am completely lost.Th only address book I can find is on Thunderbird and although this is shown on the list of Data bases when I use "insert envelope",I do not know what I should do to either view the contents or insert an address into the blank envelope.What am I not doing correctly.
Last edited by pensioner77 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Linux-Other + Ms.XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Addressing Envelopes/Address book..

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Be prepared - it's quite different inthe OOo world. I recommend you take a look through these links for mail merge and labels etc:

Here's a long page of all kinds of useful stuff to do with labels: Labels Tutorials
FSM Mail merge Turorial
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
pensioner77

Post by pensioner77 »

Thanks Gurkha, I have checked out your suggestions,but it seems that perhaps Open Office is meant for more sophisticated users than someone just wanting to address the odd single envelope useing an on-line address book. I will have to try and see if there is a simpler word processing programme available in Ubuntu or just type my addresses individually...
OOo 2.4.X on Linux-Other + Ms.XP
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

This BLOG has some good help with envelopes http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/envelopes/.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2