[Solved] Can't select 2nd column...

Discuss the word processor
kulic

[Solved] Can't select 2nd column...

Post by kulic »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm using Writer, and wanted two columns for a document. I was able to create the columns no problem, and I also created a page-header for the title. I was able to select the header and the left column to insert text, but I have not been able to select the right column to insert text. Just to experiment, I tried a bunch of things, including formatting a page with 3 columns; in that case I wasn't able to access any of the columns other than the one furthest left. I Google'd all kinds of keyword-queries related to this issue, and when I couldn't solve the issue I searched this forum, and then finally I registered and am now posting for the first time, as a Newbie. Please help, any idea would be much appreciated.

-Josh
Last edited by kulic on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acknak

Re: Can't select 2nd column...

Post by acknak »

Can you select the second page of a one-page document?

The second column, like the second page, will only be selectable when there is something on it. Once your text in the first column is long enough, it will flow over to the second column automatically.

If you want to adjust the point where the text begins to flow into the second column, you can insert a column break, analogous to a page break, using Insert > Manual Break > Column Break.

If you want two independent columns, where you can select and edit the second independently from the first, you probably want a table.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
kulic

Re: Can't select 2nd column...

Post by kulic »

Oh!

Interesting. I'll try that...
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista