[Solved] Footer on a SPECIFIC page

Discuss the word processor
sports03

[Solved] Footer on a SPECIFIC page

Post by sports03 »

How do I insert a footer on just one page and not have it appear on all the other pages?
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Footer on a SPECIFIC page

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Normally, you would use a different page style, but for just one page you could put it in a text frame.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

Footers live in the page style. So (for simplicity) you would need a separate page style for each different footer. In this case, you would create a special page style only for that page.

You would need a page break to start the page, with the break specifying your special page style. Then your special style could link back to the normal page style for the following page, or you could use another page break with the normal style.

Another approach, if your normal page style has no footer, is to simply create a frame that sits at the bottom of that page. It wouldn't be a "real" footer at all.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
sports03

Post by sports03 »

I tried the different page style thing but could not make it work. I do like the text frame approach if I can "nail" it down to the specific page and the specific position. How do I do that?
acknak

Post by acknak »

Right click on the frame and choose Anchor > To page, then position it wherever you want. I would also set the wrap mode to "Through", but that shouldn't be necessary.

Be aware that this really anchors the frame to that specific page. If you later change the text around, the frame will not move with the text at all.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
sports03

Post by sports03 »

This turned out to work pretty well for me. The text frame stays put while the normal text editing flows all around it which is exactly what I wanted. This is my baby steps with OOo 2.3 and would like to say thanks to you guys.