Endnote and Writer

Discuss the word processor
owen_skills

Endnote and Writer

Post by owen_skills »

Is OpenOfficer Writer compatible with Endnote? (http://www.endnote.com/)

Are there any settings I would need to change?

Thanks
RonIA
Volunteer

Re: Endnote and Writer

Post by RonIA »

I would say yes, I found this on their website under the Product Information - Windows Information

* "Format Paper" feature: compatible with Microsoft Word, WordPerfect and other word processors that can save or export files in Rich Text Format (RTF), and Open Office files saved in the Open Document Type (ODT).

Please don't take this the wrong way, but with all help subjects of this sort, it usually will be faster for you if you first exhaust searching on a company's website to check for compatibility. In addition, you could should Endnote directly as they did NOT have the OpenDocument format listed in their table of compatible products. So, it may be a newer feature of the software.

Posting here can get a fast response, but searching for the answer on your own can result in your finding that someone else may have already asked the question and it has been answered. (These forums are fairly new and not fully populated, so as time goes on, this advice will be more useful.)

All the opinions stated above are mine. Sorry if they offend, I just want to make sure users get the quickest, most accurate answer to their questions. Searching for previously answered questions before posting is just one of those ways of getting the answer without having to wait for someone to respond.

Have a good Thanksgiving, if you are somewhere that celebrates Thanksgiving.
Ron from Iowa, USA