Save as not showing all directories and bookmarks

Discuss the word processor
robbyn

Save as not showing all directories and bookmarks

Post by robbyn »

I have set up my file managers to show bookmark locations and available drives. I think these are not exclusive to the file managers. I would like Writer to show the same places. Is there an option to point to those bookmarks, etc?
Libreoffice v7.2.0.4 on Ubuntu 20.04 Locale en-GB
RoryOF

Re: Save as not showing all directories and bookmarks

Post by RoryOF »

Some extensions to do with bookmarks are at
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/se ... =bookmarks

The "Bookmarks menu" and the "Visible bookmarks" extensions are perhaps the most relevant for you.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

If you tick

Tools menu/Options/General/Open Save dialogue boxes/Use LibreOffice dialogue boxes

It shows a less pretty dialog box - but its one in which you can add folder places.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

JeJe wrote:If you tick

Tools menu/Options/General/Open Save dialogue boxes/Use LibreOffice dialogue boxes

It shows a less pretty dialog box - but its one in which you can add folder places.
If you untick that option, then the system dialogs will be used which should show the bookmarks and drives without having to manually add them to the dialogs.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

Bill wrote: that option, then the system dialogs will be used which should show the bookmarks and drives without having to manually add them to the dialogs.
Yeah, tick or untick to explore the other one.

I was assuming it would be unticked as that's default for me (on Windows though)

There is an advantage with the inbuilt dialog in that you can also use macros to have more control over it... but the icons are lower resolution and it looks old fashioned.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)