[Solved] Editing one label in mail merge labels

Discuss the word processor
nonnox15

[Solved] Editing one label in mail merge labels

Post by nonnox15 »

I'm using Windows 10 on a PC.

I normally use LibreOffice but every year at Christmas I seem to have the same problem. Said to say, I can't remember the solution.
When I try to print the labels for mailing Christmas cards, LibreOffice will not print them in the mail merge.
So I end up using Open Office.

I've got the labels almost printed, BUT, one label needs some editing to get it to fit. The name is too long and starts over at the beginning of the next line.
So how do I edit just this one label.
I've read the information online, but can't get the right information.
I've tried saving the labels as ods and ott format but when I open the document, I'm not allowed to edit the label.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 3.1.0 Windows 8
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Editing one label in mail merge labels

Post by John_Ha »

nonnox15 wrote: one label needs some editing to get it to fit. The name is too long and starts over at the beginning of the next line.
So how do I edit just this one label.
When you print, choose Output > File. This creates a .odt file. Edit it. Print the file as normal.
Clipboard01.png
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.