[Solved] Mirrored pages and page numbers

Discuss the word processor
nite hawk

[Solved] Mirrored pages and page numbers

Post by nite hawk »

Hello!
I started another book and set up the default page, the right hand page for the start of a new chapter, and the mirror image pages, gutter margin, page number etc
Everything was working fine until I went to start the second chapter. The mirror pages stopped working, the page number stopped working. When I tried to get the page number back it would skip a number, it would go from page 14 to 16 to 18 etc. Instead of mirrored- offset pages, everything is in a straight line, no gutter margin..I tried to "re-modify" the setup, but it does not work, says it is mirrored but it wont mirror...
Any thoughts?? Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
open office 4 windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: page setup stopped working

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a small .odt type sample file here with the applied page styles.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: page setup stopped working

Post by Bill »

Writer won't allow right pages to have even numbers. Even numbers are only allowed on left pages. Without a sample file, my suggestion is to go back and read your previous topic. You claimed to have solved the problem there, but never uploaded a sample file for confirmation.

[Solved] Title pages keep flipping onto even numbered pages
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
nite hawk

Re: Page setup stopped working

Post by nite hawk »

I apologize for taking so long to reply, life can be "interesting!" I seem to have gotten the pages working correctly, but not the page numbers.
The left hand pages have numbers but the right hand pages do not have numbers.. Any idea out there why that might be??
thanks..
open office 4 windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

You didn't add page numbers to all page styles you used. Since you haven't uploaded a sample file, it's impossible to tell you which ones.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

nite hawk wrote:The left hand pages have numbers but the right hand pages do not have numbers.. Any idea out there why that might be??
In the Footer or Header tab of the page style, check if the option Same content on left and right pages is checked or not.
If you want different header/footers, then add the field for page number in the right hand page header/footer.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
nite hawk

Post by nite hawk »

Hello! thanks for your patience in me getting back to everyone... I did go the the page styles and I checked my 'default page style and in the footer ( which is where my page number is ) it DOES say--Same content on left and right page- and it is checked... and still I have only the left hand page has numbers and not the right page.. I DO have it mirrored in the setup.. So am confused as to what the problem is...
open office 4 windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Where is your sample document? I'm out of guesses.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a small .odt type sample file here with the applied page styles.

Apply some "Lorem ipsum" text instead of the sesnsitive contents.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
nite hawk

Post by nite hawk »

how can I upload to the forum??
thanks
open office 4 windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

See How to attach a document for details regarding attaching a document.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
nite hawk

Post by nite hawk »

I did a screen shot of the default page footer and they are both supposed to be the same, so not sure why there is one with a page number and not the other page...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gsll4t17 ... t.odt/file
Screenshot.png
Thanks for your replies
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Screenshot uploaded
open office 4 windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A screen shot is of little use in diagnosis. It is like sending a picture of your non-working car to the mechanic, so I can only make a guess

You show the details for Default Page Style, but the underlying page is Right Page Style. On the Right Page Style definition, Organiser tab, set the Next Style to be Default - out of the Box, Right Page Style is set to follow Next Style as Right Page Style.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

nite hawk wrote:I did a screen shot of the default page footer
Your screen shot shows the Footer settings for the Default page style. The Status bar says that the page you're showing without a footer has the Right Page style. Page style settings are not hierarchical, so the Right Page style does not inherit the footer settings from the Default page style. The Right Page style should not be applied to any page except the first page of a chapter. The document you uploaded has only one page and does not have the Right Page style applied, so it's not a true representation of the problem. I can only guess that you're using the Right Page style on the right pages and the Default style on the left pages.
nite hawk

Re: Mirrored pages and page numbers

Post by nite hawk »

I think you are correct. I went to the default page organizer and put default in the "next page style" and and the numbers have appeared which were missing before! Now I have to see if everything else is working correctly!
Thank you very much for your help!
open office 4 windows 10