[Solved] Viewing and removing page breaks

Discuss the word processor
freedda

[Solved] Viewing and removing page breaks

Post by freedda »

I have a document that is made up of columns - two per page. I inserted a page break where I wanted it in the text, but now I'd like to remove it, at least until I do the final editing of the document. But the thing is ....

I cannot see any marks, etc. indicating where the page break is; and
I don't see how I remove the page break - especially when I don't see it (at least don't see any non-printing marks or text indicating where it is)!

Any suggestions?

Best, David
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tag [Solved]
robleyd

Re: Viewing removing page breaks

Post by robleyd »

At the top of the new page created by the manual page break you should see a red line indicating the page break. Simply place your cursor at the beginning of the page and press Backspace to remove the page break.
oo_pagebreak.png
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
freedda

Post by freedda »

robleyd wrote:At the top of the new page created by the manual page break you should see a red line indicating the page break.
Okay, at first there was no red line, so I first had to go into Tools > Options > (Open Office) Appearance > Text Document ... and then pick a color for page breaks.

Then it worked just fine - thanks!
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Hmm, the default seems to be a dark blue which doesn't really stand out from the grey margin colour; possibly why I changed it .
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers