[Solved] Adjusting placement of images in page styles

Discuss the word processor
migimohidarimo

[Solved] Adjusting placement of images in page styles

Post by migimohidarimo »

Is there any way to fine tune the placement of an image in LibreOffice 7.2 Writer page styles?

I'm trying to use the Area - Bitmap functionality to insert a png at a particular point but the position options seem to be very limited.

Obviously I can insert the image into the document manually but I want to use this to display an "authorised" stamp in invoices and doing this manually every time but it more effort. Also, as I only want it to put it in invoices which have been double checked so can't put it in the template. Putting it in a page style seems to be the logical way to do it.
Last edited by migimohidarimo on Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 7.2 on macOS 10.14.6
Hagar Delest

Re: Adjusting placement of images in page styles

Post by Hagar Delest »

Seeing the options available in the bitmap properties of the page style, the first idea that comes to my mind is to use the most appropriate Position option and set the pic dimensions first in a picture editor to enlarge the canvas and make it white or transparent so that when inserted top-right for example, the additional height and width given to the pic locate it where you want.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Why not anchor the positioned image in a page Header or footer, and make it visible/invisible?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

migimohidarimo wrote:Is there any way to fine tune the placement of an image... but the position options seem to be very limited.
Right-click the image > Properties > Type > Position and size ..., allows to specify everything precisely.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

John_Ha wrote:Right-click the image > Properties > Type > Position and size ..., allows to specify everything precisely.
This is not available in the page style properties.
The point of migimohidarimo is to make the tag appear by merely selecting the dedicated page style, to avoid fiddling with the tag position each time it has to be inserted.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
migimohidarimo

Post by migimohidarimo »

Thank you all for the suggestions.

In the end I decided to edit the image I was using as Hagar Delest suggested. It was my first thought as well but after getting the padding wrong on the first attempt, I was hoping for an easier way. It took several tries to get to an image with the visible part where I wanted it, but I now have the page style I needed.
LibreOffice 7.2 on macOS 10.14.6
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Adjusting placement of images in page styles

Post by RoryOF »

A possibility might be to make the "paid" page style identical to the "unpaid" page style, apart from placing the "stamp" as a watermark on the "paid" page. Then positioning would not matter.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS