[Dropped] Page disappears in Writer but shown in PDF

Discuss the word processor
douglasroz

[Dropped] Page disappears in Writer but shown in PDF

Post by douglasroz »

hi there
editing Hyperlink in a document under Headings, Target in Document reads '|outline'. When exported to PDF this '|outline' becomes an oddball line in the Content. Is there any way to get rid of it?
Besides, the .odt document file doesn't have the page linked to in the Content because in the document itself 'page 8' is directly followed by 'page 10', 'page 9' appears only if I delete the manual break after 'page 8' but I need that break.
it's Writer Version: 6.1.5.2 on debian 10
Last edited by douglasroz on Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
RusselB

Re: A page disappears in a Writer document but pops up in PD

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Please attach a sample of your document showing the problem described.
See How to attach a document for assistance in attaching and (if needed) anonymizing your document.

Additionally please update your forum signature with the User Control Panel to reflect the correct version of the software and your operating system, as I noted that what is in your signature does not match what you posted in the topic..
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: A page disappears in a Writer document but pops up in PD

Post by Bill »

The problem is not clear to me. Are you editing a heading to be a hyperlink or a link to a heading in a Table of Contents?

Links in the TOC are usually completely automatic and don't need to be edited. The TOC is usually created from the Outline which is made up from the headings in the document, and the links in the TOC are to the headings, not the pages. If you've done something different then you need to provide a sample document so it can be analyzed.

Regarding the page numbers, your page number may have been defined as "10" in the page break. Usually it is defined as "0" which continues the numbering from the page before the break. Another possibility is that you have two consecutive left pages. Left pages can not have odd page numbers so a blank page is automatically inserted.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04