[Solved] Gridlines in LibreOffice Writer

Discuss the word processor
martin 72652

[Solved] Gridlines in LibreOffice Writer

Post by martin 72652 »

I am running nth latest update to LibreOffice Writer under Windows 10 64 bit with all updates installed. I cannot get the gridlines to appear, even in a new blank document. When I click on Display Grid, nothing happens. Can anyone help?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
LibreOffice 7.2 under Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Gridlines in LibreOffice Writer

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
martin 72652 wrote:I cannot get the gridlines to appear
We have a search feature in the upper right corner of each page. It would have quickly found the following topic from July of this year.
[Solved] Grid does not appear

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
martin 72652

Post by martin 72652 »

Thank you all for the help. I tried the search for grid, but couldn't find the way to make the grid black because I was looking under Tools Options LibreOffice Writer Grid instead of in the correct place. I have discovered that if you change the spacing to 20 instead of 4 or 10, the dots turn into lines. Then it doesn't matter what color you use- red lines work just as well as black, and other colors work as well. Thanks again for the replies.
LibreOffice 7.2 under Windows 10