[Solved] Want lines to wrap

Discuss the word processor
j61i69m65

[Solved] Want lines to wrap

Post by j61i69m65 »

Some time ago I figured out how to automatically wrap lines when I adjust the width of the document, but I didn't save it to my template. Now, with a new document, I can't figure out what I changed. Couldn't find anything in documentation and a search thru this forum mainly dealt with tables and images. Neither of those in my document. Just want lines in my paragraph to automatically wrap when I narrow my document.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by j61i69m65 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.9 Win 10
FJCC

Re: Want lines to wrap

Post by FJCC »

Text will fill the entire width of the line as long as the text does not end with a paragraph mark made with the Enter key. Are you ending each line by hitting the Enter key?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Lines wrap by default in Writer. In normal view they will wrap according to paper size/margins. In web view they wrap to comply with window pane width.

You must be doing something unusual. Can you attach one document which displays the non wrapping behavior? Use the "Upload attachment" tab below the post edit pane when you answer here. Without a sample, it is hard (for me impossible) to determine the cause of your issue.
j61i69m65

Post by j61i69m65 »

keme wrote:Lines wrap by default in Writer. In normal view they will wrap according to paper size/margins. In web view they wrap to comply with window pane width.
Web view. That's it! That's what I'm doing, adjusting the window pane width.
To answer fjcc's question: It's all the same paragraph, no 'enter' entered.

Thanks for all the replies.
OpenOffice 4.1.9 Win 10