[Solved] How do I set a TAB on an entire 135+ paged document

Discuss the word processor
Darren N

[Solved] How do I set a TAB on an entire 135+ paged document

Post by Darren N »

I have a book that I ORDed. Nearly all of the text is corrected. Now all I need to do it put a distance of 0.20 at the beginning of each paragraph.

I've tried to set the tab for all pages by highlighting the entire document, then planned to "tab" thru all 135+ pages. It will not allow me to do this. However, I can set them page by page. :(

How can go into preferences and set a tab for the entire document?
Attachments
5555555555555555555555555555555.jpg
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tag [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: How do I set a TAB on an entire 135+ paged document

Post by FJCC »

You should not use tabs to set the paragraph indentation; you should modify the paragraph style. To modify the Default paragraph style, do the following:
1. Select the menu item Format -> Styles and Formatting
2. In the small window that appears, there will be a set of five small icons near the top left. Make sure the the leftmost one is selected.
3. In the drop down list at the bottom, select Applied Styles
4. You should be able to see the Default style listed. Right click on Default and select Modify.
5. On the Indents and Spacing tab, set the Indent of the First Line to 0.2 inches.
Click OK and all of your paragraphs should have an indentation on the first line.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

FJCC wrote: 5. On the Indents and Spacing tab, set the Indent of the First Line to 0.2 inches.
Or set to the size of your type by inserting 12 pt, as the measurement, presuming you are using 12 pt type.

Also, on the Indents and Spacing tab, you might wish to adjust interline spacing. Depending on the typeface in use, a good setting (for Times New Roman, for example) might be "Proportional", 115%; or a typeface like Century Schoolbook might be "Proportional", 105%.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Darren N

Post by Darren N »

Thank you. It works!
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7