[Dropped] Font size unreadable (small) but OK printed

Discuss the word processor
mwaterbury

[Dropped] Font size unreadable (small) but OK printed

Post by mwaterbury »

Edit: Split from Inconsistent Formatting Between OS's as this subject is different. 
For the past several weeks, whenever I have typed a document and then transferred the content to email, the font has been coming up different from the way I have put it in. This happens especially with the 12-point font, which (sometimes within the same email) will come up as 14 points in part of the email text and no matter what I do, will not be changed. Could this be a problem with my email server?

Also, the size of the font as I type the text in may be unreadable - that is, too small - but will then come up true to size when I print it. Something is wrong. I've had Open Office for years, have never had this problem before. Do I need to download a new version of Open Office? If so, will there be instructions for transferring my documents from the current version? And if I do that, will the problem(s) be transferred into the new version? Please help.
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Inconsistent Formatting Between OS's

Post by Villeroy »

Which font?
Which file format?
Which operating system? Your signature indicates WIndows XP. Are you serioius?
Which version of OpenOffice? Your signature indicates 3.1. Are you serioius?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

mwaterbury wrote:...the size of the font as I type the text in may be unreadable - that is, too small - but will then come up true to size when I print it.
That suggests that you have changed the zoom setting (View > Zoom > Zoom factor) to make the display smaller on the monitor.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you are getting different font sizes within the same email, how are these areas formatted in the original .odt file? Direct formatting or using Styles?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS