[Solved] Show List of Created Headings in current Document

Discuss the word processor
Laser976

[Solved] Show List of Created Headings in current Document

Post by Laser976 »

In Word, one could have showing the created Headings for the document working on. This was convenient, since sometimes a blank line inadvertently gets a heading which it was not suppose to.

When this does happen, one could go immediately to the 'Blank Line Heading' and edit or delete it.

However, in OO, I've been unable to view a list of Headings created in my document. I will copy everything in this document, then open Word and paste it into Word. Now, I can view the list of Headings created and if any issues arises, can then go back to OO and correct problem/s.

So, is there a way to view all of your created Headings in a document at one time as can Word do?? See attached picture showing how Word displays the Headings in a document.

Thanks,
Bill
Attachments
Headings Displayed In Word
Headings Displayed In Word
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tag [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.0.1
Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Showing a List of Created Headings in the current Docume

Post by FJCC »

The headings in a Writer document are listed in the Navigator. The Navigator is available in the Sidebar (menu View -> Sidebar) or through the menu View -> Navigator. There is also an icon for the Navigator, it is a magnetic compass, on the main toolbar. Within the Navigator, there is a list named Headings. You can expand that and double click on a heading to jump to that location.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Laser976

Re: Showing a List of Created Headings in the current Docume

Post by Laser976 »

Thanks a million for the answer.
I have looked and then over looked the answer.

Thanks again
God bless
OpenOffice 4.0.1
Windows 7