Saving document is removing header formatting

Discuss the word processor
KorrinBelle

Saving document is removing header formatting

Post by KorrinBelle »

I'm working in ODF .odt format, using the Styles and Formatting menu to assign headers for navigation and to build a table of contents, but when the document is saved, either manually or using the auto save feature, the header formatting is removed right before my eyes.
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
OpenOffice 4.10.10 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Saving document is removing header formatting

Post by Bill »

How do you "assign headers for navigation"? What does "the header formatting is removed" mean? I assume that you mean "heading", not "header", but don't know exactly what you are doing or seeing.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Try the LibreOffice. At least a portable version of it.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?lang=en

Note: it has 64 and 32 bit version too. And you must download and install the localized Help files of the LO separatelly.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Please upload a small file with a few pages showing the problem so that it can be analysed.

Press POSTREPLY and click the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max); or use a file share site, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.