[Solved] Default paragraph changed

Discuss the word processor
GiadaM

[Solved] Default paragraph changed

Post by GiadaM »

When I recently upgraded to 7.1.5.2 my normal default when writing uses Default Paragraph Style. However, since the update, it now goes to b_Paract1.
When I go to convert the document back to Default Paragraph Style, it puts in a double space between paragraphs, I then have to manually remove each
double space.

I can't but wonder 1) why is it defaulting to b_paract1?

and 2) is there a way to stop the double-spacing when I wish to convert it back to Default Paragraph Style?
As for experience with Libre very little I was a MS Office user for 20 plus years but got fed up with Mircosoft

Thanks Much.
Giada-
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 7.1.5.2 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Default paragraph changed.

Post by Bill »

First, your signature says that you are using an obsolete version of OpenOffice.org on an obsolete operating system. Do you really want support for those or for "7.1.5.2" which is probably a newer version of LibreOffice? You should fix your signature to show what version and operating system you are using so it doesn't cause confusion later.

Second, "b_paract1" is not a standard paragraph style in OpenOffice or LibreOffice. Even a Google search can't find it anywhere. Where did you get your "7.1.5.2"?

Third, the Default Paragraph Style in LibreOffice does not "double space" between paragraphs, so I'm not sure what is actually happening. How are you removing the "double space"?

Are you using a template to start your new documents? That could be one source for these unusual happenings.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
GiadaM

Post by GiadaM »

well now i am the one who is confused lol. i have Libre office installed version 7.1.5.2

when I created this account for the forums in the signature box I entered the above version and win 10. i tried for 30 min it told me it was invalid. out of frustration I entered an old os and version.

if i open the website under help about it takes me to https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/community-support/

so am i in the right place or the wrong place?

thanks
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

GiadaM wrote:so am i in the right place or the wrong place?
LibreOffice is supported here.

As far as I know, the problem you are reporting has never been reported before. If you upload a sample document showing the problem, someone here will probably be able to tell you how to solve the problem.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
GiadaM

Post by GiadaM »

Ok Bill, thanks much :)
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

[Forum] How to attach a document here Note maximum file size is 128K. If your file is larger, use a file sharing site such as Mediafire and post the link here.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
GiadaM

Post by GiadaM »

At this point, I can't get it to duplicate the problem, so I see it as intermittent, however, if it does happen again, yes I will post the document here. Thanks for your feedback.

Giada