[Solved] Display cross-ref. to Roman numeral page as Roman

Discuss the word processor
CannedMan

[Solved] Display cross-ref. to Roman numeral page as Roman

Post by CannedMan »

I have used different styles and edited headings where relevant to reset page count, and thus have all my front matters in Roman numerals, and everything in the body text in Indian-Arabic numerals. Contents behaves as expected, displaying anything on a Roman numeral page as Roman numerals, but there is one hiccough: Cross-referencing to something on a Roman numeral page, does not display correctly.

My table of contents, displaying as expected:
Well-behaved ToC
Well-behaved ToC
Roman numeral page with error in reference.
Roman numeral page with error in reference.
The page the cross-reference is pointing to, is indeed numbered ᴠɪɪ, not 7. The table of contents too displays pagination numbers correctly. The error occurs both in the source document and in the master document. What is causing this error and how can I fix it?
Last edited by CannedMan on Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 / LibreOffice 7.0.0.3 on Windows 10 (x64)
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Display cross-reference to Roman numeral page as Roman.

Post by Bill »

Insert the reference "As Page Style", not "Page". Clicking the Help button on the Fields dialog will open the Help page that explains the "Insert reference to" settings where I found this.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
CannedMan

Re: Display cross-reference to Roman numeral page as Roman

Post by CannedMan »

Thank you, I had completely forgotten that was a thing; I have up until now only defined page numbering style via the footer. Your fix solved the problem. (So it turned out to be a user error, not a software error.)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 / LibreOffice 7.0.0.3 on Windows 10 (x64)