Recover message

Discuss the word processor
Mouse

Recover message

Post by Mouse »

I have removed my open office program several times and re-installed it. However, I keep getting the Recover box at the beginning and on every document or calc sheet. It will not fix the problem when I download it again.
Apache Open Office 4.1.10 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Recover message

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Removing/reinstalling OpenOffice will not affect the files that are causing this issue.
You need to remove the $lock file that is associated with the file you are trying to open.
The file is located in the same folder as the file that you are trying to open.
These files are normally removed automatically when OpenOffice is closed properly (ie: not force closed or closed via a reboot/power outage).
An option is to click the Cancel button when the Recover box appears. This should handle then problem and is easier to do than trying to find the $lock files, especially if you are not savvy with finding files on your computer use File Explorer.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.