Change text colour but keep underlining black

Discuss the word processor
TonyRolfe

Change text colour but keep underlining black

Post by TonyRolfe »

I have some test in a writer document. This text appears in both the body and in underlined headings.

If I go to Edit > Find & replace I can enter the text in both boxes and change the colour in the replace text via Other Options > Format. This works fine, except that the underlining in the headings also changes for the text.

If I play around with underlining in the Other Options > Format area I can get the underlining to stay black, but the text in the body is also underlined.

Is there a way to change the colour in both the body and the headings without changing the underline colour?

Thanks

Tony
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10 Home
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Change text colour but keep underlining black.

Post by Zizi64 »

Are you using the Styles for the paragraphs/characters or the manual (direct) formatting only?

Please upload a small, ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Change text colour but keep underlining black.

Post by Bill »

Change the underline color from "Automatic" to "Black" before changing the text color. If all headings are completely underlined, then you can modify the heading style to apply a black underline to the headings, then use Find & Replace to change the text color. If only parts of the headings are underlined, then change the underline color in one Find & Replace operation, and change the font color in a separate Find & Replace operation.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04