[Solved] OpenOffice won't place pics properly

Discuss the word processor
Jeff71write

[Solved] OpenOffice won't place pics properly

Post by Jeff71write »

I am trying to put pics (such as .png) into an OpenOffice document. However, the pics appear only on the first page. Anything I try to do to place them on the desired page(s) gets me nowhere. They simply stay on the first page. I can put clipart on the first page, elsewhere, but not pics. Need help. :knock: Thanks.
Last edited by Jeff71write on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rev. 4.1.10 Open Office on Windows 10 Also: A004110m2 (Build 9807) Rev. b1cdbd2b 2021-04 19:30
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice won't place pics properly

Post by MrProgrammer »

Jeff71write wrote:I am trying to put pics (such as .png) into an OpenOffice document.
[Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images, especially 11. Learn about Anchor and Wrap options
Jeff71write wrote:Anything I try to do to place them on the desired page(s) gets me nowhere.
For further assistance, attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). Choose an image or images you need help with. Indicate exactly what actions you take to "place them on the desired page(s)", what happens when you do that, and what you would like to happen instead. Being specific helps get your problem solved more quickly.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Jeff71write wrote:Anything I try to do...
Tell us what you did, not what you tried to do. If you anchored the pics "To Page", then you have to drag the anchor to move it to another page. However, pics are anchored "To Paragraph" by default when inserted, so they should be inserted on the page where the paragraph is located. A sample document would eliminate a lot of guessing about why you're having a problem.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Read 12. Inserting multiple images - why do they all stack up like crazy? in the Tutorial.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Jeff71write

Post by Jeff71write »

What I did was try to insert a pic (.png, then .jpg, from web page) on a page of several pages where there were no paragraphs. In effect, the whole thing was 1 paragraph beginning to end. The pic kept placing itself on the first page only. Whatever I did, the pic stayed on the first page. In the reply to my post the information stated that there should be paragraphs, which I introduced. (I was trying to save a little horizontal space originally). Now I tried again to place my desired pic, as a .jpg, and anchored it to page. So far, it seems to have stayed where I put it. No drift, hasn't disappeared. The help is very much appreciated. The additional information on OpenOffice is rather voluminous and arrived quickly. Thanks for the assist.
Rev. 4.1.10 Open Office on Windows 10 Also: A004110m2 (Build 9807) Rev. b1cdbd2b 2021-04 19:30