Graphs disappear; Indentation changes

Discuss the word processor
packers12

Graphs disappear; Indentation changes

Post by packers12 »

Hello,

I'm writing a book using Writer and I'm having two big issues: Internet graphs I save on to the text disappear after a few weeks, even though I "save all" frequently when I'm writing. Also, I have problems when I indent numbers on the list of references. They'll indent properly 20 or 30 numbers and then it will either indent too far in or against the letter margin. When I attempt to move the number to the proper indentation a series of numbers are highlighted and it throws everything off horribly. How do I maintain the proper indentation? Is there a "manual" to read on Writer I ought to be looking at?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Writer issues

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi,

For the pics, better save them to the hard drive and then import them with the menu Insert > Picture > From file. You can have a look at: [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images.

For the list, better use a list style that you customize so that the tab setting is adapted to the number and indent size.
See also:
- Indenting paragraphs is a nightmare
- [Solved] Numbered List Indents After 10
- [Solved] Setting Tabs with Numbering on

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10