[Solved] Where do you download Apache help files

Discuss the word processor
RichardPrincipal

[Solved] Where do you download Apache help files

Post by RichardPrincipal »

the search engine is useless it wants to give me on line help

even when I put in
"download help files for apache download help files openoffice to download help files"
it only gives me options to download the complete program (minus the help file)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Openoffice 4.1.13, Libreoffice 7.4.0.3 (x64) Windows 10
FJCC

Re: where do you donload apache help files

Post by FJCC »

The Apache OpenOffice download includes the help files. They are accessed with the menu Help -> OpenOffice Help. Are you possibly using LibreOffice?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RichardPrincipal

I am using both because they both drive me nuts
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

You're using both, but which one do you need help with? LibreOffice is not Apache and you can't download LibreOffice from Apache. Search for "download libreoffice help files" if that's what you need.
Last edited by Bill on Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RichardPrincipal

help files for both because both of them the help files are gone, all I need is one
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The OpenOffice download is a "full installation" including Help files. There is no separate download. Why do you think there are no Help files in Apache OpenOffice? Are you getting an error message?
Last edited by Bill on Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

The help files for Apache OpenOffice are not the same as the help files for LibreOffice.
For OpenOffice the files are included in the installation tile that you downloaded in order to install OpenOffice.
For LibreOffice they can be downloaded from https://download.documentfoundation.org ... _en-US.msi in order to be able to use them offline.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Is it possible that a custom installation was used for AOO and the Help files were de-selected for installation? I'm not using Windows, so I don't know if that is an option.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

While it is an option for a Windows installation, it would have to be intentionally done.
Fixing this would be a simple manner of running the installer again and having the help files selected.
If the installer isn't available, then the installer would have to be downloaded again.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Note that you must download the version of LibreOffice help package that matches your version, and language, of LibreOffice; once installed, the Help pages will open in your browser, unlike Apache OpenOffice help pages.

You can find the LO version using Help | About LibreOffice.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
RichardPrincipal

far out I have followed these project since Star Office was free, and in my honest opinion it just gets worse.
I lost interest, after I made the question, I just installed the latest libre, one thing I leaned is you have to get the same version help files to the same version program

And I just installed libre version 7.1.4, I am not keen to do anymore updates if that is the drama you get.