[Solved] Font & layout

Discuss the word processor
wasteof

[Solved] Font & layout

Post by wasteof »

Hi,

I fear these will seem simple problems to others, but they are not helping my alopecia. The first concerns the font - it always reverts to times new roman in spite of my efforts to alter matters in 'format.' Advice on how to ensure the font selected is the one used would be much appreciated.

My other problem is caused by the program altering my input & adding superfluous entries. The following shows, I hope, what the problem is:

If I enter this on a line: '12.12.21 xyz' & then 'return' to go to the following line, the line I have finished is moved to the right & the date is repeated in the next line, also having been 'moved' right. My wish is, of course, that my input stays where I place it & additions are not made. I should be much obliged if I could be shown how to obviate this intrusion.

Hopeful thanks,

W
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
opEN oF

Open Office4.15 windows 8.1
Hagar Delest

Re: font & layout

Post by Hagar Delest »

For the font, see: [Tutorial] Creating a new default template.

For the numbering, go to the menu Tools > Autocorrect options > Options tab and uncheck Apply numbering - Symbol.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.

Note: please keep a single question per topic to avoid confusing discussions.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: font & layout

Post by robleyd »

Your second problem here seems to be the same as [Solved] Jumbled lines
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers