[Solved] No. 10 envelope error!

Discuss the word processor
MoldieOldGuy

[Solved] No. 10 envelope error!

Post by MoldieOldGuy »

I have a problem with creating envelopes. After formatting (choosing the no. 10 envelope) I create a new document. When the window opens with the view of the no. 10 envelope the document shows' a 6x9 envelope not 4x9. How can I get the correct dimensions.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open Office 4.0. Windows 10
FJCC

Re: No. 10 envelope error!

Post by FJCC »

I just ran the following test. I opened a new document and then selected the menu Format -> Page. On the Page tab, I set the Format to #10 Envelope and I set the Orientation to Landscape. I then had a 9.5 x 4.13 page, which seems to be a typical #10 envelope. Does that process work for you?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

MoldieOldGuy wrote:I have a problem with creating envelopes. After formatting (choosing the no. 10 envelope) I create a new document. When the window opens with the view of the no. 10 envelope the document shows' a 6x9 envelope not 4x9. How can I get the correct dimensions.
Which buttons are you pushing to choose the envelope and create the new document? If I use Insert > Envelope , click the Format tab, select #10 Envelope, then click the "New Doc." button, I get a #10 envelope. The only way I can get a 6 x 9 envelope is to select "User Defined" instead of #10 Envelope and change the size manually.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
MoldieOldGuy

Post by MoldieOldGuy »

Thank you Bill for your prompt reply. I started with insert>envelope>format>size>format>No.10envelope and this is what I get. I just noticed your last post about the format and page idea, That works ok for one envelope but we have a church mail merge that I was trying to accomplish with this.
Attachments
My envelope xample.jpg
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The attached document has a blank #10 envelope from my OpenOffice. Does it look right on your system? If it does, you can save it as a template and get your work done.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

It looks like OpenOffice may be changing the size to C5, possibly because of the printer settings. See this old post:

Envelope size problem
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
MoldieOldGuy

Post by MoldieOldGuy »

Hi Bill. Success! I found the problem. After insert>envelope I changed the printer format to the far right from center and Wala! Problem solved. thanks for the help. Mike