[Solved] Border around text in OpenOffice Word

Discuss the word processor
nick425

[Solved] Border around text in OpenOffice Word

Post by nick425 »

I just began using Open Office a few days ago, and love it.

I have written several screenplays using MS Word and LibreOffice Word, but both programs have several limitations, mostly with formatting. Both programs want to change my formatting, to what IT thinks it should be, and not what I NEED for it to be. So you can imagine my surprise when I downloaded OpenOffice, and my formatting stays intact.

I love the way OpenOffice has a very light border around the text of the document, This border, even though it is very light, makes it easier for me to tell when the text of my document ends on one page and begins on the next page, and also a border around the Header and Footer.

So my question is, is it possible to make this border at least for the text portion of my document a darker shade or possibly larger?

Thank You,

Sandra Ferrell Akin

Solved by FJCC Thank you, exactly what I was looking for
Last edited by robleyd on Sat May 29, 2021 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]; add green tick
OpenOffice version 4.1.10 Just installed operating system, Windows &
FJCC

Re: Border around text in OpenOffice Word

Post by FJCC »

You can change the color of the text boundary with the menu Tools -> Options. Expand the OpenOffice list on the left, choose Appearance and look for the Text Boundaries category. I do not know of a way to make the boundary thicker.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
nick425

Re: Border around text in OpenOffice Word

Post by nick425 »

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I needed.
OpenOffice version 4.1.10 Just installed operating system, Windows &