[Solved] Using Two Features At the Same Time

Discuss the word processor
yonargi

[Solved] Using Two Features At the Same Time

Post by yonargi »

Hello! I have looked for a solution through your search feature on this forum to no avail. I would like to make some graphics to use with a presentation I am making. I have them typed out in seven presentations and would like to make some graphics (using Impress) on material that I will be quoting. Is there any way to use both Writer and Impress at the same time?
Last edited by yonargi on Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Using Two Features At the Same Time

Post by RoryOF »

Yes; open one, then the other. Probably the windows will superimpose - reduce these from full screen, grab title bar of one and pull it off the stack, then resize each window as you wish.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
yonargi

Post by yonargi »

Thank you so much. I wonder too if this software has a feature to allow me to make a different background than those offered.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Your signature shows OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP; my answer assumes you are still using some flavour of Windows. If you have updated your software and OS, please consider updating your signature

Have you looked at the settings in Tools | Options | OpenOffice | Appearance ? You can set custom colours for many aspects of AOO.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
yonargi

Post by yonargi »

Thanks David for the reply. I updated my info.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

if this software has a feature to allow me to make a different background than those offered.
What "software" do you mean? The Writer application or the Impress application?
What "background" do you mean? The background of the application, or the background of the document?
What "different" property of the background do you mean? The Color or other properties?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
yonargi

Post by yonargi »

I had hoped to make a background for my slides of a scroll on which I could paste my wording. However, I am going to try using the slides "as is." You needn't work on this question further. Thank you very much!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The slide background is easily changed - it is nothing to do with the application ("Impress") screen background.
yonargi

Post by yonargi »

RoryOF wrote:The slide background is easily changed.
How?
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Using Two Features At the Same Time

Post by RoryOF »

In Impress /Format /Page : Background tab, select Bitmap under the Fill setting, and choose the bitmap you want to use - you may have to make one of your design); when you press OK, it will prompt "apply to all pages"; select that.

The Help button on that screen says
To use an image for the slide background
You can display an entire image as a slide background, or you can tile the image to produce a patterned background.
1. Choose Format - Page, and then click on the Background tab.
2. In the Fill area, select Bitmap, and then click an image in the list.

If you want to use a custom image for the slide background, close the Page Setup dialogue box, and then choose Format - Area. Click the Bitmaps tab, and then click Import. Locate the image you want to import and click Open. When you return to the Background tab, the image you imported will be in the Bitmap list.

3. Do one of the following:
To display the entire image as the background, unmark the Tile check box in the Position area, and then select AutoFit.
To tile the image on the background, select Tile, and set the Size, Position, and Offset options for the image.
4. Click OK.
This modification is only valid for the current presentation document.