[Solved] Copy a column composed of different tables to...

Discuss the word processor
Jordy_McCroquette

[Solved] Copy a column composed of different tables to...

Post by Jordy_McCroquette »

Basically, I want to copy the first column of my document (File included) to the two others. Been searching for the last hour (Though to be fair I'm a bit slow with these things...) and I can't figure if it's possible or not. My problem is that it seems to be impossible to select all collumns at the same time, at least as far as I can see, and that even when I select them one at a time, there's a weird space in between them.
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Star Wars Sheet.odt
Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
(13.08 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by robleyd on Tue May 25, 2021 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Copy a column composed of different tables to another.

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The problem is that there actually several tables. Select all (Ctrl+A), Hit Alt+Enter in the last cell of the last table and paste. Remove the first blank paragraph. Some minor spacing adjustments may be needed.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Jordy_McCroquette

I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but could you explain a little bit better? I can't delete de white space between the tables when I follow your instructions.
Jordy_McCroquette

I think I'll just try re-doing the whole thing with a single table. Thanks anyway!
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Copy a column composed of different tables to..

Post by RoryOF »

In OpenOffice, after a Table there is _always_ a blank line, which cannot be removed. However, such line can be selected and formatted as 2 points in height (minimum permitted), which gives a minute white space after a table. Turn on /View /Non Printing Characters to see detailed file structure.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Jordy_McCroquette wrote:I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but could you explain a little bit better? I can't delete de white space between the tables when I follow your instructions.
In LibreOffice, I could delete the blank paragraph that was added after the table and that was at the top of the second column.
You can have tables following tables without blank lines, it's what happened in this case. I think it should be the same with AOO.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10